Fair Plaza Parking Garage
The Fair Plaza Parking Garage is a wonderful addition to our City, that is not only centralized in our downtown area, but is FREE to the public.
Reserved spaces and advertisement opportunities are available. If interested please contact (903) 531-1201.
The Fair Plaza Parking Garage was open in 2014 and contains 384 parking spaces on four levels. A feature of the parking garage also includes a bus turnout lane for transit buses to pick up and drop off riders.
The garage’s exterior design incorporates architectural elements from the Blackstone Hotel, Tyler Commercial College, the clock tower from the historic Smith County Courthouse, and other former landmark buildings.
A statue of R.W. Fair, sculpted by Jim Day and Cherry Day, is located on the northeast corner of the garage to honor his donation of the land for the parking garage to the City of Tyler.
The old Smith County Courthouse clock faces, dating back to 1909, were donated by the Smith County Historical Society, and were refurbished thanks to generous donations.